Awards & Grants | Research | Publication
I have diverse interest and multidisciplinary work published, in the press, and under review in the field of Strategy, Entrepreneurship, Organizational Behavior, Human Resources, Accounting, Management Information Systems, Circular Economy. I have contributed to several Business cases studies and I have a particular interest to contribute to Sustainability, Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Please leave an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in international collaboration for research purposes.
Studying the motivator and inhibitor of life insurance in Bangladesh. Funding Body: MetLife Bangladesh. Amount: 17,00,000 BDT/ 17,000 USD.
Studying the entrepreneurial experience among the migrant community as a co-author during 2020/21 by NSU Conference Travel & Research Grant.
Fund Amount: BDT 4,70,000/ USD 5500/ GBP 4000. (As co-author)
Studying the Human Resource Accounting practices of Bangladeshi companies while trying to study the impact of such investments on firms’ productivity levels and their financial performance for 2019/20 by NSU Conference Travel & Research Grant.
Fund Amount: BDT 2,80,000 / GBP 3,000/ USD 4000. (As co-author)
Studying the Facilitators and inhibitors of digital municipal service system using behavior in emerging economies for 2021/22 by UIU: Institute for Advanced Research (IAR).
Fund Amount: BDT 9,70,000 / GBP 8,500/ USD 12000. (As co-author)
Studying the 'Investigating the purchase intention towards recycled and refurbished electronic devices: Evidence from an emerging economy' for 2021/22 by NSU Conference Travel & Research Grant.
Fund Amount: BDT 300,000/ USD 4,000/ GBP 3,000. (As PI)
1. Won the "Best Paper Award" in the innovation segment at the "Management of Innovation and Sustainability: Vision 2041" Conference organized by AMDISA - Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia and IBA, DU.
☑ Awarding Body: Institute of Business Administration, DU and AMDISA- Association of Management Development Institutions in South Asia.
Title: Fostering Sustainable Businesses in Emerging Economies: The Impact of Technology commisioned in May, 2022. Publisher: Emerald UK. Editor: Quazi Tafsirul Islam, Co-Editor: Dr. Richa Goel; Dr. Tilottoma Singh.
Projected publication date: July, 2023.
Title: Revisiting the Dimensions of Global Poverty: A Sustainable Approach, it is a monograph led by three Professors from abroad and myself and is expected to be published with Emerald Publishing, UK.
Projected publication date: October, 2023.
Huda, R. N., Islam, Q. T., & Iqbal, R. (2023). The Effect of Organizational Justice across Firm HR Practices on Employee Job Satisfaction and Firm Performance. Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. International Journal of Work Organisation and Emotion. [ABDC–B, , Scopus]
Ahmed, J. U., Hasan, M. K., Islam, Q. T., Uddin, M. J., Faroque, A. R., & Chowdhury, M. H. (2022). CSR in major European football leagues in the age of covid-19: Financial vulnerability, mental health and domestic violence. Society and Business Review. https://doi.org/10.1108/sbr-05-2022-0152 [ABDC–B, AJG/ABS–2, Scopus].
Ahmed, J. U., Islam, Q. T., & Ahmed, A. (2022). Social enterprise marketing strategies' to achieving SDGs: Lessons from emerging economies. International Journal Of Innovation And Sustainable Development. DOI: 10.1504/IJISD.2022.10052119 ABS1. [ABS-1, SCOPUS]
Ahmed, J.U., Islam, Q.T., Ahmed, A., Faroque, A.R. and Uddin, M.J. (2021), "Corporate social responsibility in the wake of COVID-19: multiple cases of social responsibility as an organizational value", Society and Business Review, Vol. 16 No. 4, pp. 496-516. https://doi.org/10.1108/SBR-09-2020-0113. ABDC-B, ABS2. [SCOPUS]
Ahmed, J. U., Islam, Q. T., Ahmed, A., & Amin, S. B. (2022). Extending Resource Value-Based Circular Economy Business Model in Emerging Economies: Lessons from India. Business Perspectives and Research, 22785337211070363. ABDC-C, ABS1. [SCOPUS]
Ahmed, J.U., Gazi, M.A., Iqbal, R., Islam, Q.T. and Talukder, N. (2020), "Value co-creation through social innovation in healthcare: a case of WE CARE Solar", World Journal of Entrepreneurship, Management and Sustainable Development, Vol. 16 No. 4, pp. 341-357. https://doi.org/10.1108/WJEMSD-03-2020-0024 [SCOPUS]
Huda, R. N., Iqbal, R., & Islam, Q. T. (2020). EFFECT OF HUMAN RESOURCE INVESTMENT ON THE FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE OF PUBLICLY LISTED BANKS IN BANGLADESH. North South Business Review, 40. doi: 10.47126/J.NSBR.1991-4938
1. Ahmed, J. U., Islam, Q. T., & Talukder, N. (2021). Online learning: Implications for developing nation academics resulting from Covid-19. In H. Chaturvedi & A. Dey, The New Normal Reinventing Professional Life and Familial Bonding in the post-COVID 19 Era (1st ed., pp. 195-207). Bloomsbury.
2. Islam, Q.T., Zabir, F., Asif Hossain, M., Iqbal, R. (2023). Challenges of Adapting to the Fourth Industrial Revolution in Emerging Economies: A Bangladesh CASE. In: Singh, G., Goel, R., Garg, V. (eds) Industry 4.0 and the Digital Transformation of International Business. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-19-7880-7_2
3. Islam, Q. T., Talukder, M., & Haque, K. (2021). Sustainable Development through Circular Economy: Experience from emerging economies. In M. Rahman, R. Goel, A. Gomes & M. Uzzaman, Redefining Global Economic Thinking for the Welfare of Society (1st ed.). USA: IGI Global.
4. Ahmed, J., Faroque, A., Islam, Q. T., Uddin, M., & Sultana, H. (2021). Beautification of Death: A Case Study of Green Oasis Coffins (Made) in Bangladesh. In J. Bhattacharyya, M. Balaji, Y. Jiang, J. Azer & C. Hewege, Socially Responsible Consumption and Marketing in Practice- Collection of Case Studies (1st ed.). Nottingham: Springer Nature.
Business Case/ Teaching Case
Islam, Q. T., Gazi, M. A., Rifat, I., Mehrub, U. H., Haque, K. L. (2022). Process Innovation in Healthcare Delivery: A case on Praava Health. In SAGE Business Cases. SAGE Publications, Ltd.
Ahmed, J. U., Sharif, R., Islam, Q. T. & Ahmed, A. (2021). Harnessing emerging digital technologies: DataNet Operations in eSwatini. Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases. DOI: 10.1177/2043886921993136. [SCOPUS]
Ahmed, J., Tarannum, T., Islam, Q. T., Faroque, A., & Ahmed, A., (2022). Blue train: Developing a marketing approach for the South African luxury rail travel experience. In SAGE Business Cases. SAGE Publications, Ltd., https://www.doi.org/10.4135/9781529774122
Ahmed, J., Islam, Q. T., Islam, S., Ahmed, A., & Mim, K., (2022). Last-mile drone delivery: Is wing's business model sustainable?. In SAGE Business Cases. SAGE Publications, Ltd., https://www.doi.org/10.4135/9781529780451
Ahmed, J., Morshed, T., Talukder, M., Islam, Q. T., & Ahmed, A., (2022). Helium health: Data-driven healthcare service in nigeria. In SAGE Business Cases. SAGE Publications, Ltd., https://www.doi.org/10.4135/9781529780727
Ahmed, J., Alam, S., Islam, Q. T., & Ahmed, A., (2022). Kaldi’s coffee: Can ethiopia’s premier coffee shop continue to grow?. In SAGE Business Cases. SAGE Publications, Ltd., https://www.doi.org/10.4135/9781529796452
Ahmed, J., Islam, Q. T., & Ahmed, A., (2022). Menstrual hygiene products as a basic need: What can scotland’s action campaign teach about improving public health worldwide?. In SAGE Business Cases. SAGE Publications, Ltd., https://www.doi.org/10.4135/9781529795370
Ahmed, J. U., Meem, U. H., Islam, Q. T., & Ahmed, A. (2021). Mothers Delivery Kit: Antenatal Care Innovation in West Africa. Emerging Economies Cases Journal, 3(2), 103–109. https://doi.org/10.1177/25166042211062437
Ahmed, J., Gazi, M., Zabir, F., & Islam, Q. T. (2022). Alcor: Death Care through Cryonics (Service after Death). Journal Of Operations And Strategic Planning, 5(1).
Ahmed, J. U., Islam, Q. T., Ahmed, A., & Iqbal, S. (2022). L'île Flottante: Ivory Coast's Eco-Friendly Sustainable Floating Island Resort. SMALL ENTERPRISE RESEARCH. Retrieved 4 June 2022, from.ABDC-C, ABS1. [SCOPUS]
1. Iqbal, R., Gazi, M. A., & Islam, Q. T. (2019). Praava health: Pioneering app-based healthcare delivery system in Bangladesh. The Business & Management Review, 10(5), 35-35.
2. Huda, R. N., Iqbal, R., & Islam, Q. T. (2019). Spending on human resource: Cost or investment?-a developing country perspective. The Business & Management Review, 10(5), 115-115.
3. Islam, Q. T., Hossain, M., Iqbal, R., & Zabir, F. (2020). Challenges of Adapting to the Fourth Industrial Revolution in Emerging Economies: A Bangladesh Study. In Management of Innovation and Sustainability: Vision 2041. Dhaka: Institute of Business Administration (IBA).
4. Haque, M., Haque, K., Islam, Q., Jahangir, Z., & Islam, Q. T. (2021). Sharing Economy Business Models for Sustainability in Emerging Economies: Lessons from Bangladesh. In International Conference on Business and Management (ICBM. Dhaka: BRAC Business School. Retrieved from https://www.bracu.ac.bd/international-conference-business-and-management-icbm-2021-announcement
5. Zabir, F., Huda, R., & Islam, Q. T. (2021). Millennials on the Move: Organizational Justice and Turnover Intention. In International Conference on Business and Management (ICBM. Dhaka: BRAC Business School. Retrieved from https://www.bracu.ac.bd/international-conference-business-and-management-icbm-2021-announcement